Latest News Archives
Freeze Warning- December, 2022
Municipal Operations & Consulting, Inc. (MOC) staff will be mobilized and standing by to deal with water main breaks and water plant issues. If you experience a pipe freeze on your side of your water meter, outside your home, MOC can only turn your water off at the meter. If you have a pipe broken inside your home, you can isolate your private cut off which is usually located on the side of your home below your water spigot, or inside the garage. It’s a good idea to have the names of a couple of plumbers should you need them, as MOC does not repair homeowner private water lines.
Freeze Preparation Tips
- Wrap outdoor and garage pipes.
- Remove water hoses and wrap water spigot with towels and/or heat tape.
- Drain and turn off sprinkler system.
- Turn off water to your washer if it is in the garage.
- If you leave your house before a freeze, turn off the water at your private cut off valve and leave your heat on.
Protect your pipes when it freezes
- Open cabinets under sinks to let your house’s heat warm the pipes.
- If your pipes freeze, turn off the water at your private cut off valve. This prevents broken pipes from leaking into the house after they thaw.
- Let faucets drip from the cold and hot taps or run water through your indoor faucets before you go to sleep.
***Check your Insurance coverage. Flood insurance does not pay for damaged caused by a freeze.
No Boil Water Notice in Effect
There is no boil water notice in effect for Harris County MUD 364 residents or businesses. The City of Houston has issued a Boil Water Notice for their water system and other systems effected by the City’s issue. While local media (and social media) are reporting boil water notices for the City and some other Water Districts in our area, however these notices do not pertain to Harris County MUD 364 receivers, as the District maintains independent water production facilities. Again, Harris County MUD 364 is not currently under a Boil Water Notice.
In the event a Boil Water Notice needs to be issued for our community, notification will be provided. For immediate and up-to-date 24/7 information, you can always reach out to Municipal Operations & Consulting, Inc’s 24-hour Customer Service line at (281) 367-5511.